the reason the war got us out before is we made all the things we used in war here on our soil...It created jobs...
Now our boys use stuff made all over the world, and a war only helps everyone elses economy
Yeah no doubt my retirement will be gone if they dont bail them out. I guess ill have to work til I die afterall.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson
the reason the war got us out before is we made all the things we used in war here on our soil...It created jobs...
Now our boys use stuff made all over the world, and a war only helps everyone elses economy
Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
[img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]
A crash would force us to rebuild infrstructure here in the US..and it would pretty much disable most all of us from borrowing money...decimate lines of credit through plastic...and force us to live within our means if we wanted to survive. And the thoughts of that don't frighten me one bit.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Lot of people say I'm crazy but when I start my career whatever it is I'm buying a safe.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
You're right, it would make everyone to live within their means. Times are gonna get tough people, really tough.
And talking about a global economy, if Wall Street crashes, then the whole world's economy takes a big hit. Not only ours. It will "force" all countries to correct what is wrong with their economies, too.
IMO, it'll set the world right. Most technology will become unaffordable for most, and we'll basically be stuck with what we have...and not just us here in the US but worldwide. I honestly do think it'll create jobs here at home. FDR's programs amounted to socialism but they enabled millions to earn a wage and eat. I think a crash would prompt programs like that to exist once again.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
You know, parts of the southern section in BSG used to be a Civilian Conservation Corps housing area during the Great Depression in which homeless people were given a place to stay while they were put to work in this area. It may come down to something like that again.
Yep..my grandpaw worked with for the CCC..actually both did. You can find all kinds of bridges and retaining walls in Wise Co. that were built by the workers. Most will have a placard stating it was built by the CCC. Since WWII it seems the government has thought it was OK to let the rich walk all over the poor...now they're seeing that they have taken it too far IMO.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
I think if they would tell you the truth, a lot of the pressure for this deal is from foreign companies that have "bought" a chunk of the USA.
Sounds funny to think of welcoming homeless people into BSG to live. Be nice to see a federal program to pay folks some money where they really had to work, like the CCC.
If that's the case, let the foreign governments pay for the bail out.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Bookmarks